About Axiom Hydraulics
Axiom Hydraulics is one of South Africa’s leading hydraulic specialists, serving the unique requirements of a range of industries through a comprehensive range of hydraulic products and unmatched application expertise.
Established in 1959, we supply, repair, recondition and service hydraulic equipment from the world’s leading hydraulic technology brands, facilitating cost-effective, innovative and flexible solutions for southern Africa’s hydraulic requirements.
We specialise in the design and supply of complete hydraulic systems, including hydraulic drives, integrated manifolds, power packs, oil cooling and braking systems.
With cutting-edge production, design and testing capabilities, including our state-of-the-art 5 500-m2 hydraulic workshop in Johannesburg, all leveraged through a flexible and responsive small-sized business framework, Axiom Hydraulics delivers innovative, customer-specific solutions with short lead times and unmatched aftersales service.
Axiom Hydraulics’ head office is in Wadeville, Johannesburg, from where it provides full distribution and support to sub-Saharan Africa’s hydraulic businesses.
Axiom Hydraulics is a long-standing member and active contributor of SAFPA
(South African Fluid Power Association)
Axiom Hydraulics began with marketing hose and fittings to the budding hydraulics industry within South Africa. In 1968, we added the distribution of hydraulic equipment to our offerings, which proved to be a decisive move as the company could now offer comprehensive system solutions to a market where these were lacking.
In 1971, Axiom Hydraulics moved to newer premises in Heidelberg Road, Johannesburg. Around this time, we were appointed sole distributors for Sunstrand Hydro Transmissions – later becoming ‘Sauer Sunstrand’. With high costs and limited capabilities, the industrial torque converted and battery electric transmissions were quickly becoming a detriment to the mobile industry, hence the hydrostatic transmission was introduced, being far more efficient and compact.
With our expertise and internationally renowned products, they successfully fulfilled this demand, boasting no less than 20 000 loco hydrostatic drive conversion installations.
Our next developments were in opening branches in KwaZulu-Natal and Cape Town, as demand became increasingly localised. Adding another feather in the Axiom cap was the successful addition of the SUN Hydraulics cartridge valve range in 1992.
Today, Axiom continues to be a market leader within southern Africa’s fluid power industry, representing a range of successful hydraulics brands, including Brevini, Black Bruin, Ausco, ASA, Fairfield, Gaurdex, Sun Hydraulics and HCT.
Our most recent milestone is our new 5 500-m2 facility in Wadeville, Johannesburg.
At Axiom Hydraulics, we have a unique business ethics and philosophy:
- Respect the dignity of every individual and to be courteous at all times
- To honestly and fairly meet our commitments with customers, distributors, employees and suppliers, thus establishing stable relationships and friendships
- Be a leader in our chosen fields of activity, as well as in the development of our industry and community
- Grow the company so that employees are continually provided the opportunity for additional responsibilities and skills
- Constantly improve our products and services, creating more worth to our customers
- Improve our operational methods, so we can afford to offer our employees higher than average wages
- Provide steady and continuous employment for persons hired with reasonable working hours and safe working conditions
- Encourage employee self-improvement and promote from within whenever possible
- Keep employees and stakeholders informed of company policies, procedures and plans
The growth continues
Our new 5 500-m2 hydraulics facility in Wadeville, Johannesburg, houses an enhanced product offering and stockholdings, with state-of-the-art system design and testing capabilities to provide innovative, complete hydraulic solutions, in any application and any industry.
For our customers, this means:
- Greater production capabilities
- Larger stockholding
- Quicker turnaround times
Our new facility includes tailor-made hydraulic test benches that allow us to accurately simulate actual field conditions. This means higher performance hydraulic solutions than ever before!
Value added services
Custom design and manufacturing:
- Hydraulic systems tailored to your individual application
- Power packs
- Hydrostatic transmissions
- Custom subplates and manifolds
- Oil cooling systems
- High torque couplings
- Braking systems
- Planetary gear drives
- Electro and proportional valve drivers
- Pumps and motors
- Resealing cartridge valves
- Brake reconditioning
- CNC milling – 3 axis
- Surface grinding
- Custom component manufacturing
- Conventional lathes and milling
- Hobbing and splining
Get in touch with Axiom Hydraulics!